It might be a birthday, an anniversary or a celebration of an engagement, whatever the reason for wanting to arrange an outdoor party, we put together some top tips from professional event organisers to ensure the party goes with a swing.
- Check with the local council regarding licences and permits – Wherever you happen to live in Australia, the chances are you might need to apply for a temporary event permit. The last thing you want is the party to grind to a halt due to excessive noise or the illegal consumption of alcohol and a quick Google search should tell you what you need to know regarding state laws.
- Search online for novel vendors – Why not include one of the party photo booths in Sydney that are available from a local supplier? People relish the opportunity to record the party and this is one service that everyone will wish to use.
- Entertainment – You know your guests well enough to choose popular entertainment; hire a local DJ or better still, a live band to really make the party a swinging affair! Let’s not forget humour; a funny comedian would bring the house down and Google can help you locate a local comedian who is reasonably priced; they can work in between the music act! Click here for tips on running a successful small business.
- Marquee tent hire – A summer party cries out for marquee rental and Sydney is the home to many suppliers who have just the right units for your set-up. The rental price obviously includes the erection and take down, so you won’t have to worry about a thing!
- Hire a videographer – Why not have a videographer create a DVD that includes all the party highlights? You can send a copy to every guest, which would be warmly appreciated. It isn’t just weddings that we want to record; any social gathering can be filmed and with today’s high level of editing software, a superb final film awaits!
- Think about overnight accommodation – If there are guests travelling a long way, they might prefer to stay overnight; search for a local hotel that is within a short distance and this will be ideal for those who would rather not drive home.
- Buffet & refreshments – If your budget stretches that far, you can hire an outside caterer to handle the food and drink. Make sure the bar area is large enough to hold a gathering of guests, plus you’ll need a ton of ice! If you want, you can set a financial limit on drinks and when that is reached, guests buy their drinks. People understand how high costs are and no one would mind if they have to contribute.
- Car parking – This is definitely not something to overlook; you know your guest list so you should be able to gauge the number of vehicles and ensure that parking is adequate. If the party is at your place, inform the neighbours, or better still, invite them along!
- Rest rooms – Why not hire a couple of VIP hospitality units? This ensures that your bathrooms are not needed and the provider handles everything including the removal of waste. Google can take you to the website of a local supplier and you can order as many units as you think you will need.
Click here for information on hosting live events in NSW, which might be of some assistance and we hope that the above tips go some way to making your outdoor party swing!
Read Also about:
Dons Bogam: A Fusion Of Flavors, Artistry, And Recognition In NYC’s Culinary Scene
Read Also about: