Nezuko Kamado, a character from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, serves as the deuteragonist. She once was a human and is the younger sibling of Tanjiro Kamado, making them the last surviving members of the Nezuko Kamado family. However, her life took a drastic turn when she fell victim to an attack by Muzan Kibutsuji, resulting in her transformation into a demon.
|Alias||The Chosen Demon|
|How old is nezuko||12 (Physically)14 (Chronologically)|
|Height||153 cm (5’0″)|
|Weight||45 kg (99 lb)|
|Hair Color||Black (Human)Black to Flame Orange (Demon|
|Partner(s)||Zenitsu AgatsumaInosuke HashibiraTanjiro Kamado|
Nezuko possesses a youthful visage with fair skin, distinguishingly prominent fangs, a slender frame, and stiletto-like nails that transition from light pink to a reddish-pink hue at the tips. Her long, wavy black hair cascades past her waist, gradually adopting a flame-orange hue beyond her elbows, forming distinctive ridges. Nezuko sweeps her hair dramatically to the left, enhancing her captivating look.
Her enchanting pale pink eyes boast a softer shade around their irises’ edges, with a slanted orientation towards the sides of her face, accentuated by her notably lengthy eyelashes. During transformations, her pupils can take on a slit-like appearance. Notably, Nezuko may occasionally wear multiple bows, showcasing her elegance.
Nezuko Costume consists of a light pink kimono adorned with an asanoha (hemp leaf) pattern, complemented by a paler pink lining, and cinched with a red and white-checkered hanhaba obi, an orange-threaded obijime, and a green obiage. Over this, Nezuko Costume drapes a long, dark-brown haori that extends to her calves. Nezuko Kamado completes her ensemble with zōri featuring pink straps and white tabi socks, bound with black kyahan-like material. A small pink ribbon on her left head side keeps her hair in place, while a bamboo muzzle, a gift from Giyu Tomioka, rests on her jaw, fastened with a red cloth.
In her awakened form, Nezuko Kamado undergoes a significant transformation, becoming taller and more voluptuous with extended hair reaching her feet. Her bamboo muzzle, footwear, kimono sleeves, and haori are discarded. A white horn emerges on her right forehead with intricate, crack-like patterns, accompanied by vein-like designs around her left eye. The red and green vine-like pattern that surrounds her skin and covers her arms, legs, and chest is her most distinctive characteristic.
Her human form closely mimics her demon form, with the exception of the lack of demon characteristics, flaming hair, and light pink eyes. Instead, she has deeper pink eyes and totally black hair that is pulled back into three low buns. Nezuko Kamado clothing remains the same, albeit without the haori, and she adds a white Onbuhimo cloth to carry her little brother, Rokuta Kamado, on her back. After her human reversion, these features return, except for the flame-orange tips retained in her hair, a characteristic passed down to her descendant, Toko.
Like her older brother Tanjiro, Nezuko was a kind and selfless person in her human form. She genuinely cared about others and assumed the position of a responsible older sister, putting their needs ahead of her own. Even after she turned into a demon, Nezuko was strong and a fierce protector, always ready to put herself in danger to guard those she loved.
However, her transformation changed her demeanor. Initially driven by a thirst for human blood, Nezuko’s personality shifted dramatically when she witnessed Tanjiro’s determination to protect her from Demon Slayer Nezuko. She grew intensely protective of him and appeared to have forgotten most of her human memories save from those involving her family. She thus frequently behaved like a child and treated the people she cared about as members of her family.
Despite her demon nature, nezuko demon form retained some human emotions, occasionally crying when sad and smiling when happy. While she appeared more detached than her human peers, she was still notably calmer and less malicious than most demons. Nezuko also tended to project the images of her siblings onto other humans, such as seeing Rokuta Kamado in Yushiro.
Nezuko Kamado developed a strong willpower, refusing to consume human flesh or blood, even in dire circumstances. Her determination remained unwavering even after she was no longer a demon, as she fearlessly protected her loved ones.
Although she rarely spoke, likely due to her bamboo mouthpiece and years of silence following her transformation, nezuko demon form speech improved over time. Exposure to sunlight played a role in her progress, allowing her to interact more with others.
It was later revealed that nezuko Demon Form missing memories and underdeveloped personality were a result of her not being fully conscious. Her focus on building resistance to sunlight took precedence over regaining her consciousness.
Proficient Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Nezuko, despite lacking any prior combat experience before becoming a demon, has honed her skills as a proficient hand-to-hand fighter. Her combat style primarily centers on the utilization of her robust legs to deliver devastating strikes and nezuko nails. Since her transformation into a demon, Nezuko has become a vital asset in Tanjiro’s battles, often stepping in to aid him when faced with formidable opponents.
Blood Demon Art
Incendiary Blood: Nezuko possesses a unique Blood Demon Art that grants her the ability to transform her blood into vibrant pink flames at will. These flames possess a unique property, making them detrimental exclusively to demons, their possessions, and other Blood Demon Arts, while entirely benign to humans and non-demonic entities. Nezuko’s fiery manifestation is capable of impeding the regenerative abilities of other demons, as exemplified by Daki’s wounds, which took significantly longer to heal than conventional injuries. Moreover, Nezuko’s Blood Demon Art demonstrated the remarkable capacity to counteract Gyutaro’s poison, saving both Inosuke Hashibira and Tengen Uzui from imminent danger. Additionally, her flames have the extraordinary capability to temporarily imbue Nichirin Swords with a brilliant red hue, enhancing the potency of attacks executed with them. It is worth noting that excessive use of nezuko demons from Blood Demon Art can induce drowsiness as a drawback.
- Heel Bash – Nezuko executes a graceful mid-air flip, channeling the momentum into a devastating downward axe-kick. The sheer power of this kick is sufficient to carve a small crater into the terrain.
- Explosive Blood Heel Bash – A heightened variant of the Heel Bash technique, Nezuko seemingly “teleports” into the air before delivering a forceful downward axe-kick, generating a surge of vivid crimson-pink flames upon contact with the ground.
- Frenzied Scratching – Nezuko embarks on a wild rampage of successive slashes, nezuko nails cloaked in the incendiary crimson-pink flames of her Blood Demon Art. This flurry culminates in a sweeping X-shaped slash, employing both her arms.
- Flying Kick – Nezuko ascends into the air, swiftly darting towards her adversary. Upon approaching her target, she gracefully backflips, harnessing the momentum to launch her opponent skyward with a powerful kick.
- Fury nezuko nails – Nezuko delivers a formidable uppercut scratch, leaving behind vivid trails of her pink flames.
- Explosive Blood Strike – Nezuko lunges forward, performing a knife-hand thrust that leaves a trail of pink flames in its wake.
- Frenzied Kicks – Nezuko delivers a rapid sequence of two upward kicks, followed by a horizontal rotating kick.
- Inferno Slash – Nezuko executes a scorching X-shaped scratch, enveloping her target in a tempest of pink flames before swiftly retreating.
- Drop Kick – Nezuko dashes forward at astonishing speeds, simulating teleportation, and executes a potent drop kick with a single leg.
- Spinning Kick – Nezuko charges forward, unleashing a lateral, spinning, vertical kick that slams her adversary to the ground, resulting in a fiery explosion of crimson-pink flames.
- Explosive Blood Rupture – Nezuko initiates with a drop kick directed at her opponent, dragging them along the ground. She follows this with a series of alternating left-to-right and right-to-left scratches, progressively engulfing the ground in crimson-pink flames. The sequence culminates in a devastating axe-kick, uprooting and setting the ground ablaze in vibrant hues.
Nezuko Kamado Relationships With Other Characters:
In the world of Demon Slayer Nezuko journey unveils remarkable relationships, showcasing the enduring bonds she forges in the face of adversity.
- The Unbreakable Sibling Bond: Tanjiro and Nezuko
In a family torn apart by a devastating demon attack, a heartwarming tale of resilience unfolds. Tanjiro and Nezuko, siblings bound by blood and warriors born out of necessity, discover solace in each other’s presence. Throughout the series, their unwavering commitment and profound connection become increasingly evident. Their quest to find a cure for Nezuko’s demonic transformation serves as a testament to the strength of their sibling bond. Together, they confront countless trials, and Nezuko’s steadfast loyalty and affection for Tanjiro remain unwavering. One defining moment occurs when Tanjiro sustains critical injuries in his battle against Rui, triggering Nezuko’s Blood Demon Art as she fiercely protects her brother, ensuring their survival.
- Nezuko x Zenitsu: An Unconventional Friendship and Comradeship
Nezuko x Zenitsu, both members of the Demon Slayer Nezuko Corps, form an unexpected connection that defies conventional norms. Initially timid and anxious, Zenitsu unveils exceptional swordsmanship skills when slumber overtakes him. As the series progresses, Zenitsu’s deep admiration for Nezuko becomes evident from the moment he first lays eyes on her, captivated by her presence. Despite nezuko x zenitsu demonic nature, Zenitsu’s unwavering belief in her inherent goodness solidifies their friendship. A standout moment arises when they find themselves trapped within the Drum Demon’s lair, where Zenitsu courageously stands up to protect her, underscoring his unwavering loyalty to their unique bond.
Nezuko Kamado is a captivating character in “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.” Her transformation from a caring human to a protective demon showcases her resilience and unwavering dedication to her loved ones, especially her unbreakable bond with her brother, Tanjiro. Nezuko’s unique Blood Demon Art, Incendiary Blood, adds depth to her combat abilities, making her a vital asset in the Demon Slayer Nezuko Corps. Her unlikely friendship with Zenjitsu further highlights her ability to form connections that transcend societal norms, making her a beloved character in the series.
Facts About Nezuko
- Nezuko is the first demon ever to join the Demon Slayer Nezuko Corps.
- Her name, “Nezuko,” has a meaningful origin. The first kanji means “red bean,” and it’s also found in the Japanese Snowball flower’s name. The second kanji is a common feminine suffix, meaning “child.”
- Nezuko’s surname contains the kanji for a traditional Japanese wood or charcoal cook stove/furnace, likely a reference to her family’s occupation before their tragedy.
- Her Japanese voice actress, Akari Kitō, has a name with the kanji for “Demon” in it, “ki.”
- Nezuko and Akari Kitō share the same height of 5’0″.
- Her hair isn’t bound up anymore as Tanjiro, her brother, struggles to do it for her, and she can’t do it herself. The front accessory is the only piece Tanjiro can manage, so it stays on.
- Nezuko feels happy when her hair is braided like Mitsuri Kanroji, and Tanjiro attempts to braid it for her.
- Nezuko often dreams of her family, including Zenitsu and Inosuke and others who have been kind to her.
- Before becoming a demon, Nezuko described her ideal man as someone who moves like a rook in shogi, capable of moving any number of squares horizontally or vertically.
Who is Nezuko Kamado?
Nezuko Kamado is a character from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, serving as the deuteragonist of the series. She is the younger sister of Tanjiro Kamado and the last surviving member of the Nezuko Kamado family.
What is Nezuko’s fighting technique?
Nezuko is a proficient hand-to-hand combatant, using her robust legs and nails for powerful strikes. She often aids Tanjiro in battles against formidable opponents.
What are Nezuko’s key relationships with other characters?
Nezuko shares an unbreakable sibling bond with her brother Tanjiro. She also forms an unconventional friendship with Zenitsu, a fellow Demon Slayer, showcasing their unique comradeship.
Is Nezuko the first demon to join the Demon Slayer Corps?
Yes, Nezuko is the first demon ever to join the Demon Slayer Corps.
What is the origin of Nezuko’s name?
Nezuko’s name has a meaningful origin. The first kanji means “red bean,” and the second kanji is a common feminine suffix meaning “child.”